Dating personals harrison idaho
Harrison was incorporated 118 years ago in 1899 and was once the largest city on Lake Coeur d'Alene. He built the first house in Harrison which remained in the Crane family until 1936. The first post office was established in 1893, the name was chosen and W. The next few years saw the opening of the First National Bank of Harrison, the Opera House, various drug, grocery, hardware, furniture, clothing & jewelry stores along with tailoring, blacksmithing and shoemaker shops, and restaurants, hotels and a hospital.Harrison developed from a squatters homestead to a thriving village in about twelve years. The building is now used as the Crane House Museum. For a time around the turn of the century, Harrison was the largest town in Kootenai County; the city directory in 1911 reported a population of 1,250.Coeur d'Alene Lake, Driftwood Point, 105' frontage, 3 bdrms, 3.5 baths, 3262 sq ft, fantastic cape cod style home, natural stone fireplace, wooden plank floors, farm house kitchen, wood beam ceilings, massive covered porches/outdoor living space, view of Mica Bay, great dock, fixed pier and beach.The community was named for President Benjamin Harrison, due to a large wood mill and stop for mining boats coming off the nearby Coeur d'Alene River. Railroad from Tekoa, Washington, to Harrison was completed in 1890 and was a prime factor in the development of Harrison. Crane settled on a timbered tract which joins the present city on the south and east. The following year came the telephone, connecting Harrison with points up the St. Rocky Mountain Bell purchased the property later that year and Harrison was connected to outside world.
Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.12% of the population.
Harrison is located 28 miles (45 km) south of Interstate 90 on the Lake Coeur d'Alene Scenic Byway, Highway 97.